Summer Weather for Austria
• Summer averages +25° С / humidity 70%
• highest was +42°С
• lowest was +5°С
• expected – +27°С
Summer in Austria is mild. Occasional sudden showers happen all three months. The coolest month of the season is June. The hottest month of the year is July. It is cool in the Alps and damp and cold in the evenings.
Downtime in Austria in Summer
Summer in Austria is a high season, with a peak in July and early August. Time to relax in the summer resorts and at the lakes of the country. Prices for fun time are high. There are many tourists season long.
Experienced tourists after excursion programs go to the beaches and pools in Vienna:
• Schönbrunn outdoor pool is on Schloss street. Opening hours 8:30 am -10 pm. Daylong entry fee € 13
• Strandbad Gänsehäufel beach at 21 Moissigasse street. On the territory of the beach: a swimming pool with a water slide, a sports center, a mother and child room. Opening hours 9 am-8 pm. Entry fee is € 6
• Strandbad Alte Donau beach at 91 Arbeiterstrandbadstraße. Opening hours 9 am - 8 pm. Entry fee is € 6
Trips along the Alpine roads of Austria are in great demand:
• Dachstein Road in Styria. Length: 6 km. Fee: €14 for car, €6 for motorcycle. Views:
o Schladminger Tauern mountain range
o South slope of Dachstein
o Bischofsmütz Mountain
• Silvretta road runs from the village of Parthenen to the Galtür resort, Tyrol valley of Paznaun. Length: 22 km. Fee: €15 for car, €12 for motorcycle. Views:
o Picturesque mountain landscapes
o Vermount and Silvretta Reservoirs
o Bielerhöhe Pass is the highest point of the road
Hiking fans enjoy routes variety:
• High Alpine Path along the Tux Alpen mountain range. Difficulty level: medium. Length: 71 km, 6 days.
o Starting point: Innsbruck
o Destination: Schwaz
• Eagle Trail runs along the Karwendel mountain range. Level of difficulty: high. Length: 420 km, 33 days.
o Starting point: Ströden in Virgenthal or St. Johann in Tirol
o Destination: Stüdlhütte hut in East Tyrol or Sankt Christoph am Arlberg
Cycling fans enjoy cycling routes variety:
• Salzburg Lakes Cycling. Difficulty level: medium. Length: 215 km.
o Starting point: Salzburg
o Destination: Salzburg
• Inna River trip is the best for family bike. Length: 520 km.
o Starting point: Martina village on the Swiss border
o Destination: Kufstein
Bike tour prices start at €500 and depend on the number of days and category of accommodation. Bike rent fee: simple bike for all days of the cycle tour ~€75, electric bike ~€180.
Travelers visit famous museums:
• Porsche Auto museum at 4a Riesertratte, Gmünd city. Ticket price is €8. Summer operating hours 10 am - 6 pm
• Museum of Art History on Maria-Theresien-Platz, Vienna. Ticket price is €16. Summer operating hours 10 am - 6 pm
• Museum of Modern Art at 1 Ernst-Koref-Promenade, Linz. Ticket price is €8. Summer operating hours 10 am - 6 pm, Monday is day off
For ski sake tourists go to the glaciers:
• Hintertux Glacier, not for beginners. Summer season: May-October. Ski pass price is € 31-45
• Kitzsteinhorn Glacier. Summer season: April-November. Ski pass price is € 42
• Stubai Glacier. Summer season: June-December. Ski pass price is € 32
Packing List Items
For your summer trip to Austria it is enough to take a several T-shirts, shorts, a blouse and a skirt, a cap, sunglasses, sandal shoes and flats.
A swimsuit, flip-flops, sunscreen and sun hat are needed for your beach or pool time.
For a bike tour: a baseball cap; a raincoat, in case of rain; a windbreaker, in case of a strong wind; several T-shirts, one of which can be used for warming if it gets cold; shorts; sweatpants; simple sneakers for stops; anatomical sneakers for a trip ride; a sweater if in the mountains.
Failed to ski in winter – summer glaciers are waiting for you! Got a lot of energy – amazing hiking and cycling routes are worked out for you! Want to combine a beach holiday time with rich excursion program – welcome to the lakes and sights of the country! Buy tickets to Austria today!